Skip to main content
Vanderbilt Background Photo

Summer or Winter Elsewhere

If you wish to study at another U.S. university during the summer or winter break, you may receive transfer credit for a maximum of two courses over the course of your undergraduate career. Before you make any plans, please ensure that the course(s) you intend to take are eligible for transfer credit by using the University Registrar’s Transfer Credit Tool.

In addition, please note the following policies regarding work elsewhere:

  • The student must be in good standing.
  • The college or university must be a fully accredited two- or four-year institution with standards equivalent to those of Vanderbilt.
  • The course(s) may not be taken on a Pass/Fail basis.
  • The course(s) may not be used to satisfy AXLE requirements.
  • The course(s) may not be part of the student’s final 30 credit hours.
  • Domestic students cannot transfer credit for summer or winter work from an institution outside the United States.

For further information about the transfer credit review process, visit the Transer Credit Course Review.