A Graduate Degree Program for Adult Learners
Vanderbilt's Master of Liberal Arts and Science (MLAS) Program is a graduate degree program for adult students who want to pursue their love of learning. Offered through Vanderbilt's College of Arts and Science, the program offers:
- A master's degree from one of the nation's leading universities
- Access to world-class faculty and learning facilities
- An opportunity to broaden your knowledge base across a range of subjects
- Connection to a community of curious-minded adults engaged in the pursuit of knowledge
- A flexible, part-time schedule designed for working professionals
Classes are offered on weekday evenings throughout the year, including the summer. Most students complete the program in three and a half years.*
You can chart your own journey of critical engagement and personal enrichment by participating in this distinctive graduate-degree program at Vanderbilt. You can benefit from the intellectual enrichment and academic interchange as well as earn a Master’s degree from a distinguished research university.
MLAS is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action and encourages individuals from diverse, under-represented populations to apply to its graduate program. Vanderbilt University does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, socio-economic background, or disability.