Skip to main content

Housing & Employment



Whether you are a single student or have a family or significant other, you will find a variety of living options available to you near campus.

Vanderbilt is currently in the early stages of adding on-campus housing for graduate or professional students. You can learn more about the progress of the construction by clicking here.


To support the housing needs of new and continuing graduate and professional students, the Office of Housing and Residential Education provides a web-based Off-Campus Referral Service. The Referral Service lists information on housing accommodations for students who plan to live off campus.  The website includes advertisements by landlords looking specifically for Vanderbilt-affiliated tenants, as well as by Vanderbilt students looking for roommates.  Listings are searchable by cost, distance from campus, number of bedrooms, and other parameters. Students may also post “wanted” ads seeking a roommate or housemates.


All incoming GPED students receive our program’s graduate housing guide which contains an array of helpful information including a comprehensive list of places where current and previous GPED students reside.

To access the service, please use the Vanderbilt Off Campus Referral Service.

More information about off-campus housing can be found here: ISSS off-campus housing

Learn about your rights as a renter in Tennessee here:  Rights As A Renter

On-Campus Employment*

HireADore: an online job bank with position postings for both the Federal Work Study Program and the Vanderbilt Institutional Employment (VIE) Program, as well as other on-campus and off-campus opportunities.  

Library Employment: Vanderbilt University Libraries hires over 150 students in a wide variety of jobs with varying degrees of responsibility.

Dining Services:  Vanderbilt Campus Dining has job openings all year.

*International students are permitted to work up to twenty hours per week on campus.  Please make sure you have finished all the steps listed here before you start an on-campus job. 

PLEASE NOTE: HireADore ALSO INCLUDES POSITIONS THAT ARE OFF-CAMPUS.  For any off-campus employment, you must get authorization from ISSS  before  accepting any offers of employment.  Also refer to “Employment” in the Immigration section of the ISSS website for more information.