Writer in Residence, Cinema & Media Arts and Theatre
MA – Performance Studies, NYU
MFA – Playwriting, UC San Diego
- Stage and Screen
- Media for Young Audiences
Professor Knight’s work has been produced or developed at NYTW, The Vineyard Theatre, New Georges, Bay Area Playwrights Foundation, Martha’s Vineyard Playhouse, Playwrights Center of MN, Cradle Theatre, Joe’s Pub at the Public Theater, Ars Nova Ant Fest, Fingerlakes Musical Theatre Festival, Inkwell, Williamstown Theatre Festival, and Dutch Kills, among others. She has written 16 full length plays, 5 full length musicals, 17 plays and musicals for young audiences, and sold a screenplay.
Commissions include a teen dance-a-thon to the death musical with Broadway composer Dave Malloy, the script for a ride at Tokyo Disneyland, The Berkeley Rep School of Theatre, Case Western Reserve University School of Biomedical Engineering, and The Assembly.
Professor Knight has been in residence at La Napoule Art Foundation, Tofte Lake, The Orchard Project, Atlantic Center for the Arts, Page 73’s Summer Residency at Yale, Santa Fe Art Institute, NYTW Summer Residency at Dartmouth, UCROSS, Yaddo, and The MacDowell Colony.
Professor Knight teaches Playwriting and Screenwriting at Vanderbilt and produces new work festivals every semester with her classes, including the One Minute Stage and Screen Festival (OMSSF) and Vanderbinge: Rapid Fire Scenes.
- Page 73 Playwriting Fellow (2007)
- MacDowell Fellow (2008)
- Shank Playwriting Fellow at the Vineyard Theatre (2011-2012)
- Juilliard School Lila Acheson Wallace American Playwrights Program Fellow (2016-2018).
- EST’s Youngblood
- TerraNova Groundbreakers
- Page 73’s Interstate 73
- Civilians R&D Lab
- New Georges JAM and Fresh Ground Pepper Playgroup
- 2016 Heideman Award at Actors Theatre of Louisville
- The Kilroys List 2019 of most recommended plays by women
- Current member of the Writers Room at Experiments in Opera.