- A copy of your curriculum vita or a current resume should be attached to the on-line application.
- Official transcripts, indicating a completed course of study equivalent to that required for a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution, are required before an admissions decision can be made. If more than one college or university was attended on the way toward the baccalaureate degree, then transcripts from those institutions must also be submitted. A minimum B average in all undergraduate work is required, though the admissions committee does allow that significant life and/or work achievements may compensate for a lower grade point average. Official transcripts should be mailed to the Vanderbilt Center for Data Management at the following address:
Center for Data Management
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-7833
Some institutions provide electronic delivery of official transcripts. These submissions may be made to: CDM@vanderbilt.edu
Please do not have transcripts sent directly to the MLAS program.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required. In the on-line application, you may enter in all boxes "N/A" -- Not Applicable. If you have GRE scores, feel free to enter them. Again, it is important to enter something in the GRE boxes for your application to be complete.
Since proficiency in a second language is not required, you may enter either "Not Specified/Other" in the box; or you may enter your language and proficiency, if appropriate. It is important to enter something in the language box for your application to be complete.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with you as a professional or student and who can speak to your qualifications are also required.
- The Statement of Purpose, which can be appended to the on-line application, is a 250-word essay that (1) describes your intellectual interests; (2) addresses how you would add to the MLAS classroom experience; and (3) speaks to your expectations of the program.
- Interview with the Assistant Dean and Director