Workshops and Individual Consultations
The College of Arts and Science Grants Resource Officer provides workshops for small groups, individual classes, programs, and departments in the humanities and social sciences. Workshops can be tailored to each group’s needs, covering such topics as:
- Conceptualizing and focusing a research topic
- Identifying sources of funding
- Applying for small/short-term grants and fellowships
- Applying for large/long-term grants and fellowships
- Revising and editing proposals
The Grants Resource Officer meets with students and faculty individually at any stage of the application process—from planning timelines for applications and identifying sources of funding, to final revisions, edits, and proofreading.
Before your first session, please send a short description of your writing or research project and any ideas you may have about your proposed research plans and timeline. If you have a proposal draft for review, please send it at least three days in advance of a consultation.