- Early modern and Middle English poetry and drama
- History of medicine, anatomy/dissection, forensics, cannibalism
- Transgressive bodies, disability studies, monstrosity
- Queer theory, sexuality and representation
- Textual studies
- "Everything in Its Proper Place': Unruly Bodies and Prosthetic Narratives in Le Roman de Silence." Allegorica 31 (2015):38-51
Select Papers and Presentations:
- “‘Sexing the Cannibal: Hermaphrodites and Anthropophagy in The Wonders of the East.” Critical Juncture Conference, Emory University. 9 April, 2016.
- “Cannibal Crashaw: Languages of the Flesh in the Epigrams and Sospetto d’Herode.” 2016 South-Central Renaissance Conference, Saint Louis University. 25 March, 2016.
- “‘Everything in Its Proper Place’: Unruly Bodies and Prosthetic Narratives in Le Roman de Silence.” Third Annual Symposium on Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Saint Louis University Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies. 16 June, 2015.
- “Rub Thy Neighbor: ‘Sapho to Philaenis’ and Textual Tribadism in Donne’s Poems,” 2015 South-Central Renaissance Conference. 13 March, 2015.
Fellowships and Awards:
- Martha Rivers Ingram Fellowship, Vanderbilt University, 2017-18.
- Robert Manson Myers First Chapter Award, Vanderbilt University, 2017.
- Susan Ford Wiltshire Essay Prize, Vanderbilt University, 2015.
- John M. Aden Award, Vanderbilt University, 2014.
- Harold Sterling Vanderbilt Scholarship, Vanderbilt University, 2013-18.
- University Graduate Fellowship, Vanderbilt University, 2013-14.
Professional Positions and Service:
- Representative to the English Graduate Association Academic Committee, Vanderbilt University, 2014-17
- Research Assistant to Dr. Ben Tran, Spring 2015.
- English First-Year Graduate Conference Coordinator, Vanderbilt University, 2014
- English 1220W: Drama Forms and Techniques (Vanderbilt University)
- "Dark Shadows, or How to Haunt a Stage," Spring 2017
- "Blood, Gore, and Applause: Interpreting Violence in Drama," Spring 2016
- "Lewd Acts: Desire and Dramatic Performance," Fall 2015
- English 1230W: Literature and Analytical Thinking (Vanderbilt University)
- "Fear Itself: Literary Monsters," Spring 2015
- "Literatures of Madness," Fall 2014
- English 1100: Composition (Vanderbilt University)
- "The Fine Art of Complaining," Fall 2016