Skip to main content

Declaring a Major or Minor

Students seeking to declare a major or minor in sociology should contact Pam Tichenor (in Garland Hall 201). Students will be asked to complete a short form.

Either immediately or within a few days following completion of the form, the student will be provided with the name, e-mail, phone number, and office location of his/her advisor. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the advisor in order to set up an orientation meeting. This meeting allows the student to gain information on a variety of topics ranging from the major/minor requirements, to the honors program in sociology, the sociology Honors Society, internships in sociology, and career opportunities.

For a student to be formally admitted into the major/minor program, the student must complete a Declaration of Major or Declaration of Minor form, get the advisor’s signature, and submit the form to the Registrar’s office of the College at which the student is enrolled.

Upcoming Events