Skip to main content

Personal Support

The following offices provide various types of personal support to students. As well, you can always contact your CASPAR adviser, your RAs, Heads of House, and VUceptors if you have concerns.


Dean's Office, College of Arts and Science

Student Care Coordination

The first point of contact for students who have an academic, personal, emotional, medical, and/or other concern. Student Care Coordinators individually assess each student’s needs and explore resources within Vanderbilt’s Student Care Network and/or the Nashville community to facilitate connections to the most appropriate supports.

University Counseling Center

Offers therapy and other mental health services to students. Read about the various resources on their website. To schedule an individual appointment, you will need to first meet with one of the Student Care Coordinators at the Office of Student Care Coordination.

Center for Student Wellbeing

In addition to academic support, offers personal support through individual meetings, recovery services, meditation, yoga, weekly wellness practices, skill-building workshops, and peer coaching.

Student Access Services

Assists students who are in need of accommodations.

Office of Housing and Residential Education

Coordinates housing and residential programming.

Office of the University Chaplain and Religious Life

Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center

Project Safe

K.C. Potter Center

Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center  

International Students and Scholars Services Office   

Offers advice, counseling, and advocacy for international students regarding immigration as well as cross-cultural and personal matters.