How to Withdraw from a Class
After the add/drop period has ended, we enter the withdraw period of the semester. During this time, if you choose to withdraw from a class, you will have a W on your transcript. The W is not factored into your GPA.
If you are considering withdrawing from a class, make an appointment to speak with your CASPAR adviser first to discuss what this might mean for you.
After the withdraw period ends (see Academic Calendar for semester-specific deadlines), you no longer have the option to withdraw from a class.
Note: Half-semester business modules have different add/drop and withdraw deadlines than full-semester classes.
How to do it:
- Complete the "Change of Course Request" form, found here. (You can find the YES class number when you click on the class detail in YES).
- Request your instructor's approval to withdraw from the class.
- either a physical signature on the form or an email from your professor giving permission will suffice.
- Forward the form and the permission from your professor to your CASPAR adviser. Note: your CASPAR adviser cannot sign the form until you send them your professor's approval.
- Your CASPAR adviser will then give their adviser approval for you to withdraw, either via a signature on the form or an email.
- Compile your materials and send ONE email to email@example.com with:
- your completed form
- professor's approval or signature
- CASPAR adviser's approval or signature
- Make sure to submit your request by the deadline.