How to Withdraw from a Class
After the add/drop period has ended, we enter the withdraw period of the semester. During this time, if you choose to withdraw from a class, you will have a W on your transcript. The W is not factored into your GPA.
If you are considering withdrawing from a class, make an appointment to speak with your CASPAR adviser first to discuss what this might mean for you.
After the withdraw period ends (see Academic Calendar for semester-specific deadlines), you no longer have the option to withdraw from a class.
Note: Half-semester business modules have different add/drop and withdraw deadlines than full-semester classes.
Course Withdrawal Procedure
- Complete the "Course Withdrawal" electronic form, found in YES.
- Meet with your adviser or send them an email to discuss the course you are planning to withdraw. Note: course withdrawals may not be approved by your adviser until you first discuss the course with them.
- Once approved by your adviser, your withdrawal request will then be reviewed by the Office of Academic Services.
- Withdrawal requests will not be processed until all approvals have been finalized.
- Make sure to submit your request by the deadline.
For a more detailed outline on how to withdraw from a course, please review the YES User Guide.