Resources for Anthropology
The department has high-end laboratories equipped to work with the state of the art technology for Archeology in GIS, Remote Sensing, Archaemotery and Photogrammetry. To work on Bioarchaeology and Bioanthropology research, we also have genetics and an isotope laboratory. Additionally, our undergraduates have access to an osteology lab where they learn the basic training of handling osteological collections.
"This guide will help you navigate the maze of Anthropology & Archaeology resources available here at the Central Library and highlight quality resources on the Web. Please feel free to contact us at any time during your research process for additional help."
-Ramona RomeroLibrarian for Anthropology, Philosophy, and Classical and Mediterranean Studies
-Paula Covington Librarian for Latin American, Iberian and Latino Studies; Senior Lecturer in Latin American Studies
Journals and Publications
- Ancient Mesoamerica, the premier journal of Mesoamerican studies, is edited in the department.
- Research News @ Vanderbilt is the online research journal at Vanderbilt University.
- The Vanderbilt University Publications in Anthropology is a series of monographs presenting the results of scientific research in all subdisciplines of anthropology.
- The Vanderbilt Institute of Mesoamerican Archaeology Monography Series publishes archaeological research by Vanderbilt faculty, Ph.D.'s and other scholars
Interdisciplinary Centers at Vanderbilt
- The Guatemalan Scholars Network Homepage is hosted by the department.