412 Benson Science Hall
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Roy Gottfried has been at Vanderbilt since 1975 and teaches undergraduate and graduate courses on Joyce as well as nineteenth and twentieth century British literature. He has served the department as Director of Graduate Studies and Director of Undergraduate Studies. He is currently the University Marshal.
- Joyce's Comic Portrait, University Press of Florida: James Joyce Series, August, 2000.
- Joyce's Iritis and the Irritated Text, University Press of Florida: James Joyce Series, 1995. Winner, 1995 SAMLA Book Prize
- The Art of Joyce's Syntax in "Ulysses," Athens: University of Georgia Press, 1980.
- "The Church as Industry," James Joyce Quarterly, Spring 2005.
- "The Audiences of Joyce's Autobiographies" in Joyce's Audiences, (collection), 2002.
- "Adolescence, Humor, and Adolescent Humor," Joyce Through the Ages, (collection), 1999.