Skip to main content
Group sits on ledge holding

M.A. Aid & Awards

4+1 Scholarships and Financial Aid

Students who are receiving scholarship or other forms of financial aid as a Vanderbilt undergraduate are advised that such aid applies, in most cases, only toward the completion of the bachelor’s degree or the first four years of their studies (which may include taking some graduate courses during their senior year).

Students pursuing the 4+1 typically seek support for their fifth year of study through student loans and external funding. Information about external funding opportunities is available through the Vanderbilt University Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.

Questions about the MHS 4+1 M.A. program? Contact your MHS adviser or Dr. JuLeigh Petty, Assistant Director of MHS and Director of Graduate Studies.

Other Scholarships and Financial Aid

MHS does not offer scholarships or stipends for graduate students at this time. Students are encouraged to contact the Vanderbilt University Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for advice on how to fund their degree.

A list of funding opportunities is noted on the Arts & Science Funding page for graduate students.

Full details regarding tuition and fees are listed on the Graduate School website.