Skip to main content

Graduate Student Resources

General Resources

Graduate School Resources

Steps to Graduation Information

  1. CHEMSACS/Departmental Redcap Survey Tracking and Online Forms (see REDcap instructions for additional help)
  2. Graduate School Forms and Timeline
  3. Doctoral Workflows (Kuali Forms)*
  4. Doctoral Workflows – User Guide for Graduate Students
  5. Graduate School Checklist for Graduation
  6. Graduate Student Departmental Check-out Sheet


*Please refer to the table below as a quick reference for which systems/processes are used based on the form you wish to submit:

Kuali Submission via Doctoral WorkflowRedCap Submission via Grad School Forms
Appoint or Modify the Ph.D. Committee*Appoint/Change Advisor
Schedule or Modify the Qualifying Exam*Transfer Credit Request
Schedule or Modify the Dissertation DefenseIndependent Study Request through YES
Extend Deadline to Enter Candidacy (Qualifying Exam Extension)Request to Audit
Extend Candidacy (To Defend and Graduate)Graduate Credit for Undergraduate or Professional Course
Qualifying Exam Results Form
Dissertation Defense Results Form
Intent to Graduate Form through YES
*NOTE: You can submit one form to act as both the appointment of the
Ph.D. committee and the request to schedule the qualifying exam.
You may select multiple options when selecting to complete both tasks.

Academic Resources

Student Travel and Expenses Resources

Research Resources

Career Resources

Current job openings in higher education:

Current postdoctoral positions:

Current industry positions:

Think we need to add something? Suggest a link!


LocationPhone Number
Chemistry Administrative Office615-322-2861
Chemistry Storeroom615-322-2581
Environmental Health and Safety615-322-2057
Instrumental Laboratory615-322-8171
NMR Lab615-343-9255
Plant Operations (during work hours)615-322-9675
Plant Operations EMS (after working hours)615-322-2621
Floods, electrical/HVAC/water outages