Support the Department
Gifts to the Department of Biological Sciences are much appreciated and provide an excellent return on investment. Funds are used to support academic activities of undergraduate and graduate students. These include:
- purchasing reagents and supplies to support independent research projects that undergraduates perform under the guidance of one of our faculty;
- sponsoring extracurricular programs that enhance the students educational experience beyond the classroom;
- supporting travel to national and international meetings for students to give talks or present posters that describe their research;
- covering publication costs for students to publish their findings;
- acquiring new equipment for performing modern biological research critical for maintaining productivity and generating new, fundamental knowledge of living systems; and
- maintaining existing departmental equipment used by faculty and students in addressing cutting edge questions that bear on human health and the health of our planet.
How to Give
Alumni and friends' participation is vital to the success of Biological Sciences. Your involvement and financial support play a major role in providing our students great tools for future achievements and in helping them realize their career goals.
Give to the Biological Sciences Department now.
Please contact the College of Arts and Science Development and Alumni Relations Office for further information:
College of Arts and Science Development and Alumni Relations Office
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-6014