Internships and Field Schools
Every year our professor in archaeology and bioanthropology, as well as advanced graduate students, take undergraduates to the field as part of formal field schools or as part of field experiences. Additionally, the department offers Maymester abroad in classes like ANTH 2114 – Above and Below the Surface: The Caribbean between Climate Change and Tourism and ANTH 2371 – Reading the Bones: Bioarchaeology and Forensic Studies in the Peruvian Andes
Internships opportunities in anthropology
- Cultural Survival, Inc. (a non-profit indigenous rights group) offers a number of exciting internship opportunities both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Tennessee Archaeology Network
- The National Association for the Practice of Anthropology provides links to various internships.
- The National Museum of Natural History
- The Smithsonian Institute has an excellent and wide ranging internship program