Wasteland - Recycling and You
This unit is to be used with the current AP Spanish Language & Culture themes – Global Challenges with emphasis in environmental issues, specifically recycling. Excellent lesson plan for teaching about the impact of trash on the environment.
- Students go through their kitchen garbage and make list of all the items found.
- Students decide if they could recycle some of the items and why they did not.
- What kind of trash they have and what does it say about them – consumer habits.
- Students lead discussions on cultural comparisons on how waste is handled in Latin American countries
- What impact do human activities have on the environment?
- How does trash affect humans and the environment?
- How do you promote caring for the environment?
- Where does our trash go? – read USA articles vs Latin American country
- Where are our landfills? – who works in this landfills? – same as above
- Why is recycling emphasized in some cities more than others? – compare with Latin American country
Andrea Beebe López, Angela Curtis, Rob Herring