Motorcycle Diaries Lesson Plan
This lesson plan for the film Motorcycle Diaries combines a wide range of activities. All related resources are listed as resources under the Motorcycle Diaries page, with the exception of the music video, which can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuiUkxz0dqE
Objectives Students will be able to:
- Label countries and important cities/landmarks in South America by following the route of the characters in the movie.
- complete a cloze passage by listening to song lyrics in Spanish.
- Reflect on the differences of various social/cultural groups.
- Identify Che Guevara and his role as a revolutionary.
- Complete a story map about the movie.
- Answer guided questions before and after viewing the movie.
- Draw conclusions about how to bring change to the world.
- Develop a plan of action for change in their school/community.
Packet includes lesson plan and the follow resources:
Guided Questions (before/after)
Preguntas para Diarios de motocicleta
Story Map Worksheet
Ernesto (Che) Guevara Fact Sheet
Al Otro Lado Lyrics (Spanish / English)
Cloze Passages – Al Otro Lado Levels 1-2
Cloze Passage – Al Otro Lado Levels 3+
Online and Print Resources for teachers