La Camioneta Film Discussion Guide
This is a Discussion guide created by CLAS for La Camioneta, a film by Mark Kendall. Includes central themes, context, discussion questions and further explorations for the classroom.
La Camioneta is well-suited for use in a variety of settings and is especially recommended for use with:
- Civic, fraternal, and community groups
- Community organizations with a mission to promote education and learning, such as local libraries
- Cultural, art or historical organizations, institutions, or museums
- Faith-based organizations and institutions
- Film studies, Latin American Studies, and Spanish academic departments or student groups at colleges, universities, and high schools
- Groups that have discussed films relating to Guatemala, flows of migration, or U.S./Latin American relations
- Groups focused on any of the issues listed in the Central Themes section
- High school students
Central Themes • Anthropology • Arts & arts education • Catholicism & Evangelism • Democracy • Faith and faith-based • Guatemala • Guatemalan culture • Human rights • Immigration & Migration • Institutional impunity • Modern Maya • Public transportation • Social and economic justice
Context: Invervention and immigration; Mobility in Guatemala; Vulnerable Institutions of a Fledgling Democracy, Guatemala and the Modern Maya.