The Vanderbilt community is deeply dedicated to addressing issues related to climate, the environment, and sustainability. Read more about these initiatives below.
The FutureVU Sustainability initiative is the core behind the university’s goal to power our campus entirely through renewable energy and achieve carbon neutrality by 2050. Several large efforts are currently underway to help make strides toward this goal. Learn more about the initiative and how the university plans to achieve the 2050 commitment.
Students Promoting Environmental Awareness and Responsibility is a campus group that aims to increase awareness and promote sustainable habits and infrastructure within the Vanderbilt and Nashville communities. Students work with professors, administration, and other student organizations. Learn more about SPEAR.
Other Related Programs, Offices, and Initiatives
- SEMO: Sustainability and Environmental Management Office
- The Wond’ry: Vanderbilt’s Innovation Center
- VECTOR: Vanderbilt Center for Transportation and Operational Resiliency
- Vanderbilt Drinking Water Justice Lab
- Vanderbilt Grand Challenge Initiative: ASCEND
- Vanderbilt Grand Challenge Initiative: Climate and Society
- Vanderbilt Law: Energy, Environment and Land Use Program
- VCCI: Vanderbilt Climate Change Initiative