Funding & Awards
Futures of American Studies Institute at Dartmouth
Each year, the American studies program sponsors two graduate students to attend the Futures of American Studies Institute at Dartmouth.
This weeklong summer residency program brings together scholars from a variety of fields and institutions to pursue research and facilitate dialogue on issues related to American studies as an interdisciplinary field.
The institute consists of:
- Plenary sessions, which feature current work from institute faculty
- Research seminars, in which all participants present and discuss their own work-in-progress
The award covers:
- The institute fee (registration, housing, and seminars)
- Travel costs
- A small food allowance
The Humanities, Arts, Science, and Technology Alliance and Collaboratory (HASTAC) scholar for American studies will assist the program in several ways:
- Populating the program’s website
- Creating dynamic and interactive content to engage students, faculty, and alumni
- Contributing to such programming as American Studies Road Trips and City Walks
Award: $500 and funding to attend one American studies-approved conference.