The Interdisciplinary Major in Women’s and Gender Studies consists of 36 hours of course work, distributed as follows:
- WGS 1150 or 1150W Sex and Gender in Everyday Life or WGS 1160 Sex and Society.
- WGS 3201 Women and Gender in Transnational Context.
- Either WGS 3246W Women’s Rights, Women’s Wrongs or WGS 3250W Contemporary Women’s Movements.
- WGS Senior Seminar 4960 to be taken in spring semester of the student’s final year.
- 24 hours of electives, selected from Women’s and Gender Studies Program courses, any courses dual-listed in Women’s and Gender Studies, or any other course that meets the approval of the director, not used to satisfy the above requirements. These elective courses may include up to 6 credit hours for internship training, independent research, and readings; WGS 3881, 2, or 3.