The Interdisciplinary Major in Women’s and Gender Studies consists of 36 hours of course work, distributed as follows:
- WGS 1150: Sex and Gender in Everyday Life (2-3 sections offered every semester, 1 of which is a W class) OR WGS 1160: Sex and Society
- ONE course approved for the International/Global Feminism Requirement
- ONE course approved for the History/Social Movements Requirement
- ONE course approved for the Sex, Sexuality, and Society Requirement
- WGS 4960: Senior Seminar (spring semester; topic varies)
Please note that elective hours may be earned through any department at Vanderbilt, provided that the course has a gender component.
A thesis option is available for Honors students.