Minor Requirements (21 hours)
The minor in CSET consists of seven (7) courses, totaling a minimum of 21 credit hours, distributed as follows:
- Written and Oral Communications Courses (3 courses):
- CSET 2100. CSET 3890 may be substituted for 2100 if offered, but 3890 is rarely offered.
- One advanced public-speaking course: CMST 2110 or CMST 2120.
- One advanced (2000-level or higher) "W" course as defined in the rules for the CSET major.
Natural Science and Engineering Courses (4 courses):
- one course bridging science, engineering, or medical and health with non-science content and issues, including public policy courses and environmental courses (selected from the list of courses approved for majors)
- three courses (minimum 3 credit hours per course) from engineering and/or the natural sciences, at least two of which must be 2000-level or higher Natural Science courses (as defined for the major). The other course may be a 2000-level or higher Natural Science course or a course taken at any level from the School of Engineering. Students may count 9 credit hours of Natural Science and/or Engineering courses toward this part of the 21-credit hour requirement, even if they choose to take 4-credit-hour courses. Students may count the 1-credit-hour courses ES 1401, 1402, and 1403 as equivalent to a single 3-credit-hour course if they earn credit for all three courses.