The Honors Program in Theatre is designed to afford superior students the opportunity to pursue more intensive work within their major field.
Admission requirements are:
- Completion of junior year
- Completion of at least 21 credit hours of the theatre major
- 3.3 minimum cumulative GPA and a 3.5 minimum GPA in courses counting toward the major.
Candidates who successfully complete the following requirements may graduate with honors or highest honors:
- Maintain the aforementioned GPA throughout the senior year
- Complete all requirements of the theatre major
- Complete 6 credit hours of independent research 4998–4999 (Honors Research and Thesis) normally taken during the senior year
- Write an honors thesis to be completed by the second semester of the senior year
- Successfully complete an honors oral examination on the topic of the thesis.