Daniel Patte's Articles
2. “Can One Be Critical Without Being Autobiographical? The Case of Romans 1:26-27" in Ingrid Rosa Kitszberger, ed. Autobiographical Biblical Criticism: Academic Border Crossings ? A Hermeneutical Challenge. (Leiden: Deo Publishing, 2002), pp. 34-59.
3. "Reading Matthew 28:16-20 with Others: How It Deconstructs our Western Concept of Mission" pp. 521-557 in HTS Theological Studies/Hervormde Teologiese Studies (University of Pretoria) 62.3, 2006.
4. "Reconstructing Paul's Teaching," in Eunice Kamaara and Isaac Mwase, eds. Theologies of Liberation and Reconstruction in Africa, Appraisal Essays in Honor of J.N.K. Mugambi. Pretoria: Studia Historiae Ecclesiasticae (SHE) Journal of the Church History Society of Southern Africa and ACTON: Kenya, 2012, pp. 26 – 46.
5. "Three Types of Identity Formation for Paul as Servant of Christ Jesus in Romans" pp. 209-228 in Kathy Ehrensperger and J. Brian Tucker, eds. Reading Paul in Context: Explorations in Identity Formation: Essays in Honour of William S. Campbell. Library of New Testament Studies. London & New York: T & T Clark International, 2010.
6. “Structuralist Interpretation/Structural Exegesis,” The Oxford Encyclopedia of Biblical Interpretation. Edited by Steven L. McKenzie. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, 2014.
7. “Ethics of Biblical Interpretation” in The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Bible and Ethics. Robert L. Brawley, Editor. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, 2014.
Return to Faculty Introduction