Chair of Mathematics, Dan Margalit is co-organizing a variety show with Nancy Scherich, winner of the 2017 Dance Your Ph.D. competition. The show is called Mathematics: A Quick Revue, and it will be held on January 5, 2024 in conjunction with the 2024 Joint Mathematics Meetings. The performance will take place at the Alcazar Theater in San Francisco.
The emcee for the show is Matt Parker, famed comedian, author, and mathematician. Other performers include:
- Art Benjamin (magic)
- Colin Adams (theater)
- Harry Baker (poetry)
- Tanya and Tim Chartier (mime)
- Sahana Balasubramanya (classical Indian dance)
- Lew Lefton (comedy)
- Lou Kauffman and Allison Henrich (rope tricks)
- The Klein Four (a capella)
- Karl Schaffer & Co. (dance)
- Some band (music)
- Stanford Juggling Research Institute (obvious)
Tickets are available online with JMM registration. Tickets will also be sold to the general public on EventBrite.