SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT for FALL 2020:
The Economics staff are working remotely through the Fall. To declare a major or minor, please email Margaret Fergus. She will send you the form and walk you through the process.
Economics Minor (21 hours)
[If you matriculated at Vanderbilt PRIOR TO August 2018, go HERE for requirements.]
For students who matriculate at Vanderbilt in or after August 2018, the Economics minor has the following requirements.
* Calculus (MATH 1201 or 1301 required; more recommended)
Core Courses (12 hours)
* ECON 1010
* ECON 1020
* ECON 1500 or ECON 1510
* ECON 3012
Elective Courses (9 hours).
* No credit for ECON 3010 or 3020.
* 9 hours of electives (1111F and ECON 3022 will count as electives)
* At least 3 hours must be in ECON courses numbered above 3015
* There are two alternatives to ECON 1500 or ECON 1510:
Option 1: MATH 2820L, MATH 2810, and MATH 3032, 3035, or 3050.
Option 2: MATH 2820L, MATH 2820, and ECON 3032, 3035, or 3050.
In these cases, ECON 3032, 3035, or 3050 will also count as an elective.