Support the Department
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Department of Communication Studies!
The easiest way to give is to click the button below. You can then follow the instructions on the subsequent page.
You can also send a check to:
The College of Arts and Science
c/o Gift Processing
VU Station B 357727
Nashville, TN 37235-7727
In the memo of your check please designate The Department of Communication Studies Gift Fund or a specific fund within the department (see below).
Finally, you can send in a CAS Gift/Pledge Form with your check or pledge. Print out the form here.
Projects or activities that the department may use discretionary gifts to fund or support include:
- naming or endowing professorships
- faculty travel and research
- Vanderbilt University Intercollegiate Debate Program
- undergraduate academic travel and research
- events promoting effective research and teaching by faculty members
- improvement of the physical facilities of the department: naming opportunities for our seminar room, for example
- speakers of professional and public interest
Communication Studies Funds
Donors may indicate that their gift is given in honor of a particular person, place, event, or organization which deserves respect or thanks. Their gifts will be appropriately acknowledged and their honoree recognized and informed of their gift.
Existing funds to which donors may make contributions include the following:
- Communication Studies Gift Fund – The Communication Studies Gift Fund provides support for any worthy activity related to the department and its programs.
- Debate Gift Fund – The Debate Gift Fund provides support for the activities of the debate squad.
- Public Speaking Fund – This fund supports the department’s lecture series, bringing significant speakers to campus for public and scholarly discussion related to civic life.
- Frank K. Houston Public Speaking Contest – This fund supports the semi-annual public speaking contest originally endowed by Frank K. Houston, life trustee of Vanderbilt University.