Minor in Cinema & Media Arts
The Cinema & Media Arts minor consists of 15 hours and requires students to enroll in a balance of film studies and film/video production classes. To declare your minor, please see this form.
The requirements are as follows:
The minor consists of 15 credit hours. The requirements are as follows:
1. 1500 (Fundamentals of Film and Video Production).
2. 1600 (Introduction to Film and Media Studies).
3. One course in intermediate filmmaking: 2250 (16mm Filmmaking); 2260 (Digital Production Workshop).
4. One course in intermediate cinema studies: 2300 (Film and Media Theory); 2400 (History of World Cinema).
5. One elective: 2600W (Advanced Screenwriting); 3891 (Special Topics in Film and Video Production); 3892 (Special Topics in the Study of Film); 3893 (Special Topics in National Cinemas and Movements).