Summer Work Elsewhere
The College of Arts and Science legislation regarding summer work elsewhere states:
“Students enrolled in the College of Arts and Science may receive transfer credit for a maximum of two courses taken during summers at another four-year, fully accredited institution. To qualify for such credit, the student must be in good standing and must obtain authorization from the Dean and the appropriate department in advance of taking the course. Such courses cannot fulfill the AXLE requirements, count as part of the last 30 hours of residence, serve as repeat credit, or be taken on a pass-fail basis.”
- Student must be in good standing
- The college or university must be a four-year, fully accredited institution with standards equivalent to those of Vanderbilt.
- The course(s) may not be taken on a pass-fail basis.
- The course(s) may not be used to satisfy AXLE requirements.
- The course(s) may not be part of the last 30 credit hours.
- For an overseas program, the student must have a 2.700 grade point average overall or in the two semesters prior to requesting credit.
- For an overseas program, the student should have some knowledge of the language of the country where the program is held.