Immersion at A&S
Immersion Vanderbilt is a university-wide program that provides the opportunity to pursue your passions and cultivate your intellectual interests through experiential learning. It takes place both in and beyond the classroom and culminates in the creation of a final project. Projects focus on one of four pathways: Civic & Professional, Creative Expression, International, and Research. Through Immersion, you’ll explore new interests, transform ideas into action, and make a difference in the world.
- You can complete your Immersion project through any of Vanderbilt’s undergraduate or professional schools—it doesn’t have to connect with your major or home school. In fact, you are encouraged to pursue a project outside your major!
- You can use more than one experience to complete your Immersion project.
- All Immersion projects require the supervision of a faculty member in the department where the project is based.
- Funding is available to help support Immersion projects, and students are allowed to work for pay as part of an Immersion experience.
- Immersion will be required for students graduating in 2023 and after. It is strongly recommended, but not required, for students graduating in 2022.