Honors Program in Jewish Studies
For JS majors only. The Honors Program in Jewish Studies affords superior students a more intensive concentration within their major field. To be admitted, students must have:
- 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- 3.25 grade point average in Jewish Studies
- Completion of the junior year
Requirements for graduation with Honors in Jewish Studies are:
- 6 credit hours in Honors sections (JS 4980–4981), including completion of thesis—these credit hours may count as elective credit toward the major. Honors thesis to be completed by mid-spring of the senior year.
- Successful completion of an honors oral examination on the topic of the thesis.