- Program Requirements
- Admissions and Application Information
- Core Courses and the First Two Years
- Graduate Economics Courses
- Course Syllabi and Fields
- Preliminary Exams
- Recent Placements
- Research Awards and Support Programs
- Eugene Vorobeychik (Engineering) and Myrna Wooders (Economics) have been awarded a grant for $442,051 for the next three years in support their research project, "Theory and Application of Mechanism Design for Team Formation." This project addresses questions of design of mechanisms for efficient team formation from the perspectives of computer science, microeconomics, experimental economics, and game theory. The grant is sponsored by the Division of Information and Intelligent Systems of the NSF.
- Peter Savelyev is awarded with a solo-PI $260,464 NSF grant for the next three years of his research
- The Department of Economics is pleased to welcome Hojat Ghandi as a new Senior Lecturer to the faculty at the start of the 2015-2016 academic year.
- The Department of Economics is pleased to welcome Timothy Larsen as a new Lecturer to the faculty at the start of the 2015-2016 academic year.
- The Department of Economics is pleased to welcome two new faculty members at the start of the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Kyle Bagwell presented "The W.T.O.: Purpose, Design and Challenges" for the Steine Lecture Series, Tuesday, March 24, 2015.
- Robert J. Shiller presented "Irrational Exuberance Revisited" for the McGee Lecture Series Thursday, March 12, 2015.
- Message from the Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Honor students Ian Duncan (center) and Thomas Choate (not pictured) are the 2014 recipients of the T. Aldrich Finegan Award.
- Support the Economics Department
- Best Graduate Schools: U.S. News & World Report rankings
- VU Econ Alum Muhammad Yunus, 2006 Nobel Laureate
Phone: (615) 322-2871
Fax: (615) 343-8495
Department of Economics
VU Station B, Box #351819
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37235